Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko has said he is ready to step aside to allow EACC complete investigations over alleged utterances directed to Nairobi Woman Representative Esther Passaris over financial impropriety.
Sonko took to his Facebook account and responded to the issue and acknowledged the receipt of summons.
He was referring to a letter dated July 30, 2019, where the EACC Chief Executive Officer Twalib Mbarak wrote to Sonko requesting him to appear at the headquarters at Integrity Centre on Thursday.
Back on June 10, 2019, Esther Passaris had challenged Sonko to present evidence backing his corruption claims to the EACC.
During an interview on Citizen TV,Sonko had accused Passaris of claiming double per diem from the county government and Parliament.
“None of the accusations or insinuations levelled against me are true. And as we move along, after I have consulted with my lawyers and various government agencies, this time I am not letting go,” Passaris asserted in a past interview.
It was during Sonko’s controversial interview on JKLive, which was cut short by the station’s management, that he laid out several accusations against the legislator.
last month, Parliament denied paying Passaris any allowances to attend a women’s conference in the US in March.
National Assembly Clerk Micheal Sialai said there were no air tickets procured for Passaris as she was not in the House’s official delegation to New York